Friday, February 20, 2009

First Week


I've finally had the time to open up a store and take my jewelry making seriously. I've been making jewelry for about 4 years and it's been an on and off thing. I started it as a craft and made some simple Swarovski earrings and bracelets (because I could not afford the ones at the Swarovski stores). Which is how I started making some small income with family, friends and friends of friends, etc. Then my first big chance really took off when my friend held a fashion show right here in Toronto. I KNEW I had to grab the chance and asked him if he needed some jewelry with his clothes? We clicked instantly and I made a lot of contacts with the locals. Which sounds like a good start huh? Well, it was.... Till I found my new job. It sucked all the time out of me and I had to put away my precious beads and supplies. =( But I've always remembered how I loved making jewelry and love seeing my customers' reaction when they see my new products. So it's time to start again! It hasn't been a week since I opened my store and I've made some great people over at Etsy and Flickr (love ya!). So it's been a great week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment